MOLINA & CO has experienced in immigration law. The firm complies with the client's needs in regards to legalization of migratory status, strategy for residency in the Republic of Panama. Our experience and commitment allows us to offer the best advice to retirees, investors and people in general, on the many alternatives under Panamanian immigration laws. Our counselors will file all the administrative documents required to obtain Panamanian citizenship. Furthermore, we provide assistance to multinational corporations or smaller companies doing business in Panama, to establish their executives or expert personnel in Panama and Colon City. Our specialized immigration lawyers will represent our clients before all pertinent authorities in every step of the process for obtaining pensionado visa Panama, work permits, residence and citizenship among others.
RETIRED or PENSIONED PROGRAM
According to the Immigration Department in the Republic of Panama, the Retired or Pensioned Program allows foreigners to obtain legal residency in Panama under Visa Pensionado as retired or pensioned.
To apply to the Visa Pensionado Program you must qualify as follows:
1. Pension Income:The applicant must receive at least US$1,000.00 per month. For each dependant, the retirement income (or pension income) must be increased by US$250.00. The retirement pension can also add up to US$1,250 between both applicants.
2. Proof of the applicant´s income by documentation, such as a letter from the institution or company that pays the retirement or pension income is required.
3. This certification must be duly authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate nearest you or by Apostille.
Instructions to apply for Residency.
1. Required documents must be received satisfactorily.
2. Our firm will prepare the complete documentation package to be file before Immigration Office.
3. Once you arrive to Panama, a short visit to the Immigration Office is needed for you to sign a Special Power of Attorney, authorizing our handling of your documentation in order to proceed with the petition for residency. No shorts, t-shirt nor sandals allowed for interviews.
4. Our firm will submit the immigration documentation in order to obtain your Pensioned Visa.
5. If you do not remain in Panama, another short visit is required for you to take the official picture at the Immigration Office for you to be granted with the Permanent Resident Card.
A short visit to Panama is required to register and stamp Passport at the Immigration Office. NOTE: No shorts, t-shirts or sandals are permitted in government offices. The requirements are:
Required Documents (for Immigration processing):
Documents that Client must provide (for applicant and dependents - if applicable):
Documentation of proof of Pension from either of the following:
a.If Pension is from a Government Institution or Social Security:Client must provide certification from the respective Government institution that pays the applicants retirement or pension income, certifying that the person receives a "pension" in the amount of at least US$1,000 per month (plus US$250 for each dependent that wish to add if applicable). This document must be 'original', 'official', 'updated' and 'authenticated' (please check explanation of these terms below).
b. If Pension is from a Private Company:Client must provide a letter on company letterhead from the company that pays the applicants retirement or pension income, signed by a representative of the company, with complete contact information for verification purposes, certifying that the person receives a "pension" in the amount of at least US$1,000 per month (plus US$250 for each dependent that wish to add if applicable). This document must 'original', 'official', 'updated' and 'authenticated' (please check explanation below of these terms).
Documents that our law firm will provide to you:
Note:for authenticating documents through the Panamanian Consulate, please contact us to request the contact information of the Panamanian Consulate nearest you.
|For Primary Applicant
Legal Fee - Permanent Resident Card:
Government Fees and Costs:
If you are interested in relocating to Panama, or obtaining legal residency in Panama, please contact us for a personal consultation